Life is hectic; it is true. There are so many things that demand your time and attention. Between work, kids, family and household chores, there is precious little time left over for you. So, it is completely understandable why things like salon reservations get pushed to the end of your priority list. But is at the end of the to do list where your next facial belongs?
The answer to that question is, of course, no. There are many reasons why you should keep your salon reservation. Aside from taking a little bit of time and relaxation for yourself, which I know is not going to motivate you since all of your energy goes toward enriching the lives of others and not your own, there are many practical reasons why you should not call and cancel your next reservation.
Here are 5 Reasons:
1. Keeping up with skin maintenance saves you time. You know how it is, your skin is doing just fine until that fateful morning on which you realize that your skin is way past due for some pampering while that monster blemish stares back at you in the mirror. So, after hours of trying to conceal and hide that taunting pimple that was beautifully hidden just yesterday you resign yourself to the fact that nothing except a facial will fix your bad day. But we all know that a spur-of-the-moment facial is hard to come by. That means that you will spend the next week or so wasting time trying online home remedies or over-the-counter recommendations from friends while waiting for your reservation. Only if you would have kept your original appointment. You see, getting a regular facial, even if you think you can squeeze by another week or two, prevents this mess from happening in the first place.
2. Keeping your reservation saves you money. If your esthetician has regular opportunities to keep your skin in tip top shape, he or she will have to do less in the long run to keep you looking beautiful. If you continually let your skin dull out or let products usage lapse, your esthetician will have to do more work to bring your wayward complexion back in line again. More work equals more time, and we all know that time equals money.
3. There is never a better time than today to get your facial booked. Sure, we all think that we’ll have more time next week, that our work load will be less than it is today. But does that ever really happen? Let’s face it; next week will be just as busy as this week. And when you’re busy, a little bit of R & R will give you the energy and confidence that you need to keep going.
4. Another reservation is weeks away. Why do you go to your esthetician? It’s because he or she is a fantastic skin specialist and knows your skin concerns inside and out. Well, if your esthetician is this great with you, I’m sure there are other clients dying for your esthetician’s services too. If you miss this reservation, it could be weeks before you get another one.
5. Keep your reservation out of respect. When you make a reservation, your esthetician carves out time from a hectic day to cater to you. If you don’t show or cancel at the last minute, your esthetician will end up sitting around making no money when he or she could have filled that time slot with another guest. Canceling reservations repeatedly may cause you to be placed on a pay in advance or last minute reservation list. Or even in some cases you can get fired for missing too many reservations.
Granted, sometimes things happen that make canceling an appointment a necessity. When this is the case, be sure to give a minimum of 24 business hours and reschedule as soon as you can. Not only will your esthetician thank you, but your skin will as well.
Richard Merrill-Rivas is a nationally recognized Celebrity Esthetician, Educator, Holistic Health and Business Coach.